Friday, August 12, 2005

Music: Friday Random Ten

"Another Record" Genesis -- The beginning of the end for a great band.
"Behind the Sun" RHCP -- My favorite "slow" Chile Peppers
"Kings" Steely Dan
"Me Died Blue" Stephen Delopoulos -- Song from a PASTE magazine sampler. Cat Stevens clone. Good tune.
"Definite Door" Posies -- Great song. Great album. Completely overlooked band.
"Do it Again" Matthew Sweet -- Love that nerd-rock/pop
"Morning Dew" Allmans
"Life Without You" SRV
"Takin' my Time" Little Feat
"La Dolly Vita" Smashing Pumpkins

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you bought any CD's since you left Purchase 15 years ago?!?

CNG

Mr Furious said...

You bet! My collection goes all the way up to 2001! If the radio is any indicator good music stopped a year or two before that!

[sigh]

Depressingly, I have really stopped buying much new music at all over the last few years. On the plus side, since I've been ripping CDs into MP3s, it's gotten me to rediscover lots of good stuff...

And stop reminding me how old I am.

Mr Furious said...

That is an embarrassing overuse of the exclamation point above. My apologies.

slickdpdx said...

La Dolly Vita is about the only Pumpkins song I like.