Sunday, September 11, 2005

How Arafat's Death Made Me Rich

An email I received today:
Dear friend,

I seek your permission to introduce myself to you. I am Mrs Suha Arafat, wife of Yasser Arafat the late Palestinian ruler. Before the death of my husband, I had to close my swiss bank accounts and relocated the funds. I proceeded to deposit the money as valuables in different private security companies for safe keeping. This I did when the French Prosecutors started an inquiry into transfers I made into banks accounts I have in France.

Please if you can assist in claiming this fund and investing it in your country, contact me as quickly as possible along with your full name, contact address and telephone number in order to give you the contact Information of the security company in Europe.

At the successful collection of the fund, you shall be compensated with 25% of the amount collected, 5% shall be set aside to pay for the expenses incurred in the process of the collection and the balance 70% shall be retained for the investment.

I count on your absolute confidentiality while looking forward to your prompt reply.

See this website for more information:

www.scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1314882004

www.blog-irish.com/suha.htm

Regards,

Suha Arafat .

Now, I get that kind of crap all the time, but it's usually some random son of an African king that may not exist from a country I never even heard of. But Arafat's wife? And rumor has it he imbezzled hundreds of millions! I'm so excited I can hardly wait to divulge my personal information...

[Actually written on Sept 13, but I backdated it just to separate Ruby from the evil that is Barbara Bush.]

No comments: