Friday, March 03, 2006

Where Can I Buy a 49-Star Flag?


State bill proposes Christianity be Missouri’s official religion
12:28 AM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006 -- By John Mills, News 4
Missouri legislators in Jefferson City considered a bill that would name Christianity the state's official "majority" religion.

House Concurrent Resolution 13 is pending in the state legislature.

[...] The resolution would recognize "a Christian god," and it would not protect minority religions, but "protect the majority's right to express their religious beliefs.

The resolution also recognizes that, "a greater power exists," and only Christianity receives what the resolution calls, "justified recognition."


State representative David Sater of Cassville in southwestern Missouri, sponsored the resolution, but he has refused to talk about it on camera or over the phone.

KMOV also contacted Gov. Matt Blunt's office to see where he stands on the resolution, but he has yet to respond.

Rep. Sater needs to move his ass down to Tom Monaghan's "Get the Door, It's Domino's—to Inspect your medicine cabinet" Catholic Circus Town™.

I don't even know where to begin. Say "hello" to the American Taliban, I guess. Please tell me this cannot possibly go anywhere and it will blow up in their faces...right? Please?

2 comments:

Pooh said...

You have got to be kidding.

Anonymous said...

I think you can get one of those flags from Grandpa Simpson.

Now I know what he meant when he said, "I'll be dead in the cold ground before I recognize Missoura(sic)"