Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It Had to Happen Some Time...

I guess I had it coming since I was just recently talking a bunch of Mac smack in some thread somewhere... After twelve-plus years of owning Macs and using them for even longer than that, I finally had a major breakdown. Never in all that time have my machines at home or work given me a problem I couldn't work out myself. Well, my G5 had to go under the knife, and it's now been a week since it went in for service. Thank God I got Rachel that iBook for Christma— ->POOF!<- the screen went dead the day after my G5 got picked up last week. Such are the risks of buying a used laptop...

At least my G5 is still covered under AppleCare. They came to my house and picked it up, and new processor this, logic board that, it should be back home tomorrow. I had to dust off the old G3 (running system 8), and it's like using one of the shitcan Dells at work compared to the glory that is OSX. Just painful... So pardon the shortage of posts, I can surf around a bit, but half the websites I frequent flip out the ancient Explorer on here, and the whole Blogger thing is a total fiasco.

I'll be back in the swing soon enough.

No comments: