Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LIVE ON NPR


The Raconteurs in Concert

NPR.org, May 27, 2008 - The Raconteurs just want to have fun. Loud and brash with an arsenal of infectious riffs, the quartet plays with swagger, a wry sense of humor and one, singular message: Let's rock. Hear The Raconteurs in a full concert, recorded live from Washington, D.C.'s 9:30 Club

NPR has a last night's Raconteurs concert available online for your listening pleasure here.

I know I'm supposed to come up with a review of the not so-new-anymore new album, let me just sum it up by saying I don't think it's left the deck in my car since I got it.

It's a tougher album for me to evangelize like I did with the debut record, but it is just as good, if not better. Rather than make a more accessible album to build on their success and grow their base, it almost seems as if they wrote and recorded this for their fans and without regard for newcomers.

Kind of the opposite of selling-out—what fan would complain about that?

I'm four songs into the concert as I write this and the boys are bringing down the house, er headphones...

UPDATE: There IS an encore if you stick it out at the end...

No comments: