Wednesday, February 04, 2009

POTD: A Letter From Michael Phelps

As dreamed up by Radley Balko...
Dear America,

I take it back. I don’t apologize.

Because you know what? It’s none of your goddamned business. I work my ass off 10 months per year. It’s that hard work that gave you all those gooey feelings of patriotism last summer. If during my brief window of down time I want to relax, enjoy myself, and partake of a substance that’s a hell of a lot less bad for me than alcohol, tobacco, or, frankly, most of the prescription drugs most of you are taking, well, you can spare me the lecture [...]

Read the whole thing. It's a thing of truth and beauty.

[h/t Angelos]

2 comments:

steves said...

Hah, I was going to post this on ATK when I read it over at Volokh. When I saw that picture of him with the bong I thought that probably wouldn't help his image. I don't really see it as a big deal, either. That being said, I haven't seen much of a stink about this from the rest of us. I don't think most people care when it comes to celebrities and this kind of stuff.

Noah said...

Keep sending in goon squads to kick down doors and shoot little old ladies, maim innocent toddlers, handcuff elderly post-polio patients to their beds at gunpoint, and slaughter the family pet.

The war on drugs. There it is, in all its glory.